The Beef Checkoff New Cut Program Development
Range Introduces Beef Alternative Merchandising Program (BAM)
Range was commissioned by the Beef Checkoff to designed a turnkey beef optimization program under the umbrella name BAM: Beef Alternative Merchandising.
BAM is a merchandising program featuring two steaks, three filets and four roasts. With these versatile new cuts, BAM will help retailers extend their line and add a new filet category.
These cuts are:
- Beef Ribeye Filet
- Beef Ribeye Petite Roast
- Beef Ribeye Cap Steak
- Beef New York Strip Filet
- Beef New York Strip Petite Roast
- Beef Top Sirloin Filet
- Beef Top Sirloin Petite Roast
- Beef Top Sirloin Cap Steak
- Beef Top Sirloin Cap Roast
BAM Program Elements:
- Training Manual: The entire BAM training program was made available online and printed for quick reference. It contained everything from overview and market research to cut steps and merchandising techniques.
- Instructional Posters: These 24” x 36” full color posters show meat cutters how to generate the new filets, steaks and roasts in the BAM program. Each subprimal has its own poster complete with step-by-step instructions, an overview of BAM, attributes of the new cuts and complete cookery guidelines.
- Instructional DVD: includes cutting videos for the Ribeye Roll, Top Strip Loin and a Top Sirloin.